Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Module 4 Tasks - Boolean searching task

Taking the same key words of your last search, think about how you would best search for the following:

the biggest number of hits relating to these key words
information most relevant to what you ACTUALLY wanted to look for!
information coming only from university sources

LOG ENTRY:
Discuss your strategies with the class and record the exact search terms you used in your learning log

If I specifically wanted only hits from a university site, I think I would go directly to the Uni site initially and then search that database - I think this is the most logical way to refine the search. Eg. go to Curtain University site then search that site for 'netiquette'.

Increasingly I find the Google searches are too broad and subsequently the results contain too many site that are not relevent to my requirements.

No comments: